We are a ministry of the United Methodist Church

Baton Rouge Rebuilding Team Report 4-12-18

4/12/2018

For week two of the project Mike and Barb left and Stel and Jodi came in. We also had an opening on the team because of Cindy’s accident so Mark and Lisa decided to stay and help us another week. By the end of the week the first addition was in the dry and the porch railing was complete. On Thursday afternoon we also learned that the project size had been doubled. We were now told to build another bedroom and bath addition to the opposite end of the original structure, i.e. we are now adding a total of two bedrooms and baths. That weekend we helped get ready for a joint Palm Sunday service with the church across the street by sweeping and mopping the church floors. On Sunday, several team members helped by setting up large tents in the yard and moving table and chairs. We all agreed the joint service was a real treat for all of us.

For week three Mark and Lisa left and Suzanne and Barrie and Lee Ann came in. Mark and Jo also agreed to stay an extra week so we had seven RVs. We were able to get hookups for all seven by disconnecting the shower trailer’s 50 amp connection and moving it closer to the parking lot. By Wednesday, we had the rafters up on the second addition and had finished tying in the first addition roof to the roof on the house. The siding was started on the first addition. On Thursday, the weather was too rainy for us to go to the job site so we worked at the church repairing trim, painting and reorganizing the tool room. During the weekend several team members helped the church with yard work, painting and cleanup for their Easter Sunday service.

For week 4 Mark and Jo, Dave and Rita and Gary and Avis left and Ronald and Mary arrived. We started the week by celebrating Easter with the loving and welcoming congregation at Francis Asbury UMC. Gene and Carolyn arrived on Wednesday to begin the team leader transition. By the end of the week, the exterior framing and 2/3 of the roof were completed on the second addition and most of the insulation was completed in the first addition. The siding was completed on one side of the first addition and started on the other two sides. During the week the conference installed two more RV electrical pedestals at the edge of the parking lot.

For more details and pictures go to www. RVingWithaPurpose.com